The Peace in Paris 1856 after the Crimean War – what's that got to do with us?
Quite a lot indeed. Great Brittain, France and Russia signed on the 30th of March, 1856, a document confirming the demilitarisation of the Åland Islands. We have thus the 150th anniversary of the demilitarization of Åland in 2006. There will be plenty of interesting and exciting happenings arranged during the year. Information about the arrangements will be linked on these pages.
- Demilitarisation-SMS (in Swedish) for the period 1st – 30th March, 2006
- Peace as cultural inheritage – a seminar on March 30th, 2006
- Conflict management and nonviolence – a course for teachers in basic and elementary schools on Åland, 31st March – 1st April, 2006
- Peace festivities in Mariehamn, 29 March – 2 April, 2006
- Russian Days in Bomarsund, 12 -13 August, 2006
- Bertil Jobeus: Åland demilitariserat i 150 år